Make a Donation
Your contribution really can make a difference
Join the Research Team
Get stuck in as part of our Research Team
Tell me how...
Become a Member
Enjoy the many benefits of CRRU membership
Adopt a Dolphin
Help protect "Stardance" and his friends in the Moray Firth
Find out more...
Recycle for the Charity
Recycle unwanted goods to help the environment and raise funds for the CRRU
Tell me how...
Join us on Facebook
Check out all the latest news from the CRRU team
Recycle for the CRRU
The CRRU have recently teamed up with Stamps n All, based in Plymouth, who recycle goods to help the environment and raise money for charity. So please take a look in your loft, cupboards and storage boxes and dig out any old, unwanted or redundant items that can be recycled. You'll be amazed how much your old junk could raise for a good cause!
The following items can all be recycled:
• Any stamps including Collections – used or unused. If they are on envelopes or cards, please leave about half a centimeter round the edges. Please don’t peel off stamps - it reduces their value. **IF the stamps are on envelopes or cards postmarked before 1970 - do not remove them! This is because they can be worth more as a collectible item still complete on the envelope. Also now wanted any of the large white or Gold Labels now used by Post Office.
• Any Postcards. Pre-1940s birthday cards. World War 1 silk cards – with or without stamps on, but don’t remove stamps from postcards if they are on them.
• Envelopes and first-day covers – old, interesting, **see note above. Looking, even with their letters in!
• Coins and bank notes – old or new, from anywhere in the world, obsolete or otherwise.
• Precious metal – including broken jewelry, old trophies, gold, silver etc.
• Medals and badges – and that is not limited to military items either.
• Costume Jewellery.
• Any old metal cutlery.
• Keys – any age or type including locks.
• Watches – analogue, digital, working or not.
• Any Maps and Atlases – Any Ordinance Survey maps, Old Road Maps pre 1940 and any Atlases pre 1900.
• Small antiques – generally the small table trinkets, old stoneware bottles and pot lids, dolls heads etc (pre 1930 only please).
Large collections by special arrangement. Telephone 01752 604 469 Mon to Wed & Fri 9am to 5pm.
Small lots can be mailed direct to Stamps n All at the following address below:
STAMPS N ALL
PO Box 245
Many thanks for your support!
The CRRU team